BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
16515 Reed Road, La Pine, OR 97739-9704
Phone: 541/536-5130 | Fax: 541/536-7779 | 60 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 2:00 PM | Online Reservations
This La Pine, Oregon hotel offers 60 spacious accommodations and suites, excellent customer service and lots of amenities - like cable television, high-speed Internet access and complimentary breakfast each morning.
When guests aren't out exploring the breathtaking scenery surrounding BEST WESTERN Newberry Station, they can relax in an indoor heated pool or unwind in a whirlpool hot tub. Feel free to bring pets along - this is a pet-friendly hotel! The BEST WESTERN Newberry is also the only motel in the area that has a pool, meeting space and truck/oversized parking available.
Five major recreational areas surround this centrally located La Pine, Oregon hotel, including Newberry Crater National Volcanic Monument, Crater Lake, the Cascades Lakes, the Oregon outback and Bend Ski resort areas. Other nearby attractions include the Big Tree, Rosland Park, La Pine State Park and Deschutes River.
This central location to endless outdoor adventure means that golf, horseback riding, hiking, biking - and even skiing in the winter - are just moments away at all times. Want to go trout fishing? The 14-lake Cascade lake is just a stone's throw away, but the Lava River Caves are a can't-miss destination nearby this La Pine, Oregon lodging.
Traveling for business? The BEST WESTERN Newberry is the place to stay with Midstate Electric and Interfor Pacific Inc. nearby. We even have meeting and banquet facilities and business services available.
This hotel in La Pine, Oregon is also perfect for family reunions, hunting and fishing seasons, and taking in local festivals - like Frontier Days Festival and Fourth of July events.
Ready for an enjoyable and memorable Oregon vacation? Book your BEST WESTERN Newberry Station stay today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast
- 100% smoke free facility
- Indoor pool, heated, children's hours 9am to 10pm - 24hr for adults
- Hot tub, Whirlpool
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services, complimentary incoming fax/outgoing fax, $1.00 per page
- Photocopy services
- Outdoor parking
- Complimentary coffee
- High-speed Internet access
- Inter corridor
- Cable or satellite television, cable TV with Local & National channels
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western newberry station in La Pine.
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Conveniently located, the best western newberry station in La Pine, Oregon is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.673325 / Latitude: -121.500195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Bend. Traveling south from Bend, it is approximately 30 miles to La Pine. Upon entering La Pine turn left on Reed Road, travel a 0.025 miles down Reed Road, turn right into the BEST WESTERN Newberry Station entrance.
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Overlooking East Lake
One of the top aquatic destinations in the Oregon Cascades, East Lake is adjacent to Paulina Lake, and features a surface area of 1,044 acres.
Surrounded by the Deschutes National Forest, East Lake is ideal destination for anglers and outdoor enthusiasts, yielding bounties of sockeye salmon, Atlantic salmon, and both brown and rainbow trout.
East Lake allows for both non-motorized and full-motorized boats, and is open year round.
Fort Rock State Park
A top destination for those seeking the best views in central Oregon, Fort Rock State Park is open year round to the public, and is centered around the Fort Rock, an enormous volcanic "tuff ring."
Roughly 50,000 to 100,000 years in age, Fort Rock juts from the ground to heights of more than 200 feet, and sports a diameter of roughly 4,460 feet.
When you visit the Fort Rock State Park, expect stunning views of the Fort, exceptional hiking paths, and plenty of picnic spots.
A top attraction in the Cascades of Oregon, Lave River Cave is a naturally formed lava tube, stretching 5,211 feet, end to end. Discovered in 1889, the Lava River Cave features self-guided tours usually lasting one to two hours.
At the Lava River Cave, it's recommended to visit in July and August, as those are the ideal months. The Lava River Cave is, however, open from May through the end of September, so plan your visit to Bend or La Pine accordingly.
Encompassing over 3,600 acres, the Mt. Bachelor Ski Area is set near La Pine in the Oregon Cascades. Located on the north face of Mt. Bachelor, this ski area is the largest in the state and the second-largest in America, on one mountain.
Since 1958, skiers have enjoyed carving into the snow on the mountain. The ski area has become an official training resort for several Winter Olympic athletes and professionals, who train at the mountain. With seven express quad lifts, three triple chair lifts, two tubing tows and a magic carpet, serving 71 ski runs, there's plenty of places to have fun.
Snowboarders and skiers alike, love practicing their moves in the four Terrain Parks and the Superpipe. Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and snow-tubing are also fun ways to have fun in the snow.
Encompassing 55,000 acres of scenery, the Newberry National Volcanic Monument is set near La Pine within the Deschutes National Forest in the Oregon Cascades. The monument protects the Newberry Volcano and surrounding lakes, geologic features, and lava flows.
At 7,895 feet, Paulina Peak is the highest point in the monument, while East Lake and Paulina Lake are great spots for trout fishing. Lace up your hiking boots to traverse one of the many trails in the monument, or bring your lantern to explore the Lava River Cave.
Set in Newberry Crater, Paulina Lake is found within the Deschutes National Forest of the Oregon Cascades.
Covering a surface of 1,531 acres, Paulina Lake reaches 250 feet with nearly seven miles worth of shoreline.
Paulina Lake is known for great fishing, yielding kokanee salmon, brown trout, rainbow trout, tui chub, and blue chub.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.15 mile(s) from La Pine Medical Center
- 0.30 mile(s) from High Desert Family Clinic
- 3.00 mile(s) from Big Tree
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rosland Park
- 10.00 mile(s) from LaPine State Park
- 10.00 mile(s) from Paulina Lake
- 12.00 mile(s) from East Lake
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fall River Fish Hatchery
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fall River Falls
- 15.00 mile(s) from Pringle Falls
- 18.00 mile(s) from Newberry Crater National Monument, volcanic crater with two lakes
- 20.00 mile(s) from Cascade Mountains
- 20.00 mile(s) from Lava Lands Visitor Center, Bend
- 20.00 mile(s) from Benham Falls, Bend
- 20.00 mile(s) from Dillon Falls, Bend
- 22.00 mile(s) from North Twin Lake, no motor boats
- 23.00 mile(s) from South Twin Lake, paddle boats
- 25.00 mile(s) from High Desert Museum, Bend
- 25.00 mile(s) from Wickiup Reservoir, outstanding fishing lake
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lava River Caves
- 25.00 mile(s) from Little Cultus Lake
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lava Island Falls
- 28.00 mile(s) from Crane Prairie Reservoir, outstanding fishing lake
- 30.00 mile(s) from Lava and Little Lava Lakes
- 30.00 mile(s) from Elk Lake
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.60 mile(s) from children's playground
- 2.00 mile(s) from snowmobiling areas
- 4.00 mile(s) from Deschutes River, premier fishing spot
- 5.00 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 7.00 mile(s) from Quail Run Golf Course and driving range
- 15.00 mile(s) from Mt. Bachelor Resort, canoeing, Alpine/downhill and cross-country skiing
- 15.00 mile(s) from ice skating
- 18.00 mile(s) from Crosswater Golf Course, Sunriver, a private course
- 20.00 mile(s) from Meadows Golf Course, Sunriver
- 20.00 mile(s) from Woddlands Golf Course, Sunriver
- 20.00 mile(s) from Mountain High Golf Course, Bend
- 25.00 mile(s) from Widgi Creek Golf Course, Bend, a semi-private course
- 30.00 mile(s) from Orion Greens Golf Course, Bend
- 30.00 mile(s) from Broken Top Club, Bend, a private club
- 30.00 mile(s) from Awbery Glen Golf Course, a semi-private course
- 30.00 mile(s) from Rivers' Edge Golf Course, Bend
- 41.00 mile(s) from Todd Lake Golf Courses
- 45.00 mile(s) from snow skiing
- 45.00 mile(s) from Eagle Crest Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Eagle Ridge Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Aspen Lakes Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Crooked River Ranch Golf Course, Redmond
- 50.00 mile(s) from Meadow Lakes Golf Course, Prineville
- Adjacent to Hunan', Chinese, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to A&W, Fast Food
- Across the street from Taco Bell, Fast Food
- 0.03 mile(s) from Cinco De Mayo Restaurant
- 0.05 mile(s) from Subway, Fast Food
- 0.05 mile(s) from Figaro's Pizza
- 0.25 mile(s) from Cindy's Kitchen
- 0.50 mile(s) from Harvest Hut, open daily
- 0.50 mile(s) from La Pine Inn, American, open daily from 6:00 a.m. to1:00 a.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Vick's Tavern, darts
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ponderosa Pizza Parlor
- 2.00 mile(s) from Dairy Queen
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mohawk Restaurant, Cresent
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near La Pine. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 First Friday Art Walk
Downtown Baker City becomes a hub for the arts and culture on the first Friday of each month. Peruse galleries, check out special performances, enjoy refreshments, and explore downtown, all beginning at 5 p.m.
2016 1st Fridays
Head over to the Harney County Chamber of Commerce on the first Thursday of each month, where activities, shopping, music, and fellowship await. The chamber is found in Burns, near Hines in eastern Oregon. The fun begins at 6 p.m.
2016 Grand Tour Spring Ride
Cyclists are invited to come explore the beauty of eastern OR along the Grande Tour Scenic Bikeway, found in La Grande. This three-day is sure to please. Register now and don't miss out.
2016 Eastern Oregon Beer Festival
La Grande hosts this epic get together featuring tons of eastern OR breweries, great food, live music, and so much more. Grab your tasting pass today.
2016 Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally
Although it's known as Hell's Canyon, Baker City is set to become biker heaven this summer. Hop on your bike and head the Pacific Northwest to enjoy the festivities and scenery.
2016 PGG Independence Day Bulls & Barrels
Spend your Independence Day enjoying an all-American activity at the Happy Canyon Arena in Pendleton. Get your tickets today.
2016 Miners Jubilee
Baker City celebrates its western heritage with three days of vendors, food trucks, the annual parade, games and contests, live entertainment, and so much more. It all takes place at Geiser Pollman Park.
2016 WAAAM Traffic Jam - Car Show & Swap Meet
Come for the cars, stay for the awesome fun, this summer at the Western Antique Aeroplace & Automobile Museum (WAAAM) in Hood River. Apart from the car show, festivities will also include a swap meet, music, plenty of food, and more.
2016 Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim
An annual Hood River celebration, this event sees swimmers cross the Columbia River and make their way into Hood River – all for a great cause. There will be plenty of festivities surrounding the event. Register today, or simply spectate and cheer on the swimmers.
2016 WAAAM Annual Hood River Fly-In
Head over to the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum for two days of thrilling aircraft shows and displays, as well as museum activities, plane rides, and more.
2016 Hood River Hops Fest
The Pacific Northwest is certainly known for its beer, so it should come as no surprise that Hood River is set to host one of the biggest beer fests in the region. Venue is TBA, but there will be plenty of tasty brews, live music, and more. Grab your tickets asap.
2016 Hood River Valley Harvest Fest
Get in the fall festive spirit in Hood River this October, as the Hood River Event Site hosts three days of family-friendly activities, wine vendors, arts and crafts, local brews, contests, and so much more. Mark your calendar and don't miss your chance.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean