BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
16515 Reed Road, La Pine, OR 97739-9704
Phone: 541/536-5130 | Fax: 541/536-7779 | 60 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 2:00 PM | Online Reservations
This La Pine, Oregon hotel offers 60 spacious accommodations and suites, excellent customer service and lots of amenities - like cable television, high-speed Internet access and complimentary breakfast each morning.
When guests aren't out exploring the breathtaking scenery surrounding BEST WESTERN Newberry Station, they can relax in an indoor heated pool or unwind in a whirlpool hot tub. Feel free to bring pets along - this is a pet-friendly hotel! The BEST WESTERN Newberry is also the only motel in the area that has a pool, meeting space and truck/oversized parking available.
Five major recreational areas surround this centrally located La Pine, Oregon hotel, including Newberry Crater National Volcanic Monument, Crater Lake, the Cascades Lakes, the Oregon outback and Bend Ski resort areas. Other nearby attractions include the Big Tree, Rosland Park, La Pine State Park and Deschutes River.
This central location to endless outdoor adventure means that golf, horseback riding, hiking, biking - and even skiing in the winter - are just moments away at all times. Want to go trout fishing? The 14-lake Cascade lake is just a stone's throw away, but the Lava River Caves are a can't-miss destination nearby this La Pine, Oregon lodging.
Traveling for business? The BEST WESTERN Newberry is the place to stay with Midstate Electric and Interfor Pacific Inc. nearby. We even have meeting and banquet facilities and business services available.
This hotel in La Pine, Oregon is also perfect for family reunions, hunting and fishing seasons, and taking in local festivals - like Frontier Days Festival and Fourth of July events.
Ready for an enjoyable and memorable Oregon vacation? Book your BEST WESTERN Newberry Station stay today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast
- 100% smoke free facility
- Indoor pool, heated, children's hours 9am to 10pm - 24hr for adults
- Hot tub, Whirlpool
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services, complimentary incoming fax/outgoing fax, $1.00 per page
- Photocopy services
- Outdoor parking
- Complimentary coffee
- High-speed Internet access
- Inter corridor
- Cable or satellite television, cable TV with Local & National channels
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western newberry station in La Pine.
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Conveniently located, the best western newberry station in La Pine, Oregon is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.673325 / Latitude: -121.500195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Bend. Traveling south from Bend, it is approximately 30 miles to La Pine. Upon entering La Pine turn left on Reed Road, travel a 0.025 miles down Reed Road, turn right into the BEST WESTERN Newberry Station entrance.
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Make your way through the Newberry National Volcanic Monument in La Pine and check out East Lake. One of the top aquatic destinations in the Oregon Cascades, East Lake is adjacent to Paulina Lake, and features a surface area of 1,044 acres. Both East Lake and Paulina Lake occupy sections of the Newberry Crater.
An ideal destination for anglers and outdoor enthusiasts, East Lake yields healthy bounties of sockeye salmon, Atlantic salmon, and both brown and rainbow trout. East Lake allows for both non-motorized and full-motorized boats, and is open to the public year round. Enjoy an outdoor adventure on your next visit to La Pine at East Lake.
As you travel through the Cascades of Oregon, near La Pine you'll discover Fort Rock State Park. A top destination for those seeking the best views in central Oregon, Fort Rock State Park is open year round to the public, and is centered around the Fort Rock, an enormous volcanic "tuff ring."
With an estimated age of 50,000 to 100,000 years old, Fort Rock juts from the ground to heights of more than 200 feet, and sports a diameter of roughly 4,460 feet. Fort Rock was designated as a U.S. National Natural Landmark in 1976. When you visit the Fort Rock State Park, expect stunning views of the Fort, exceptional hiking paths, and plenty of picnic spots.
Make plans to explore the Lava River Cave on your next visit to La Pine. A top attraction in the Cascades of Oregon, Lave River Cave is a naturally formed lava tube, stretching 5,211 feet, end to end. Discovered in 1889, the Lava River Cave features self-guided tours usually lasting one to two hours.
At the Lava River Cave, it's recommended to visit in July and August, as those are the ideal months. The Lava River Cave is, however, open from May through the end of September, so plan your visit to Bend or La Pine accordingly. It's estimated the volcanic eruption, which formed the Lava River Cave, occurred nearly 80,000 years ago.
Mt. Bachelor Ski Area, located near La Pine in the Oregon Cascades, encompasses over 3,600 acres. Located on the north face of Mount Bachelor, this ski area is the largest in the state and the second-largest in America, on one mountain. Since 1958, skiers have enjoyed carving into the snow on the mountain. The ski area has become an official training resort for several Winter Olympic athletes and professionals, who train at the mountain.
With seven express quad lifts, three triple chair lifts, two tubing tows and a magic carpet, serving 71 ski runs, there's plenty of places to have fun. Snowboarders and skiers alike, love practicing their moves in the four Terrain Parks and the Superpipe. Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and snow-tubing are also fun ways to have fun in the snow. Take a break in one of the seven restaurants, bars or coffeehouses and warm your toes, up before heading back outside.
Newberry National Volcanic Monument, located near La Pine, is within Deschutes National Forest in the Oregon Cascades region. The monument protects the Newberry Volcano and the 50,000 acres of land, lakes, geologic features and lava flows around it. Newberry continues to be very geothermally active.
At 7,895 feet, Paulina Peak is the highest point in the monument. Alpine lakes, East Lake and Paulina Lake, are on either side of the summit and are great spots for trout fishing. Lace up your hiking boots to traverse one of the many trails in the monument. Bring your lantern to explore the Lava River Cave, the longest known tube in Oregon.
Set in Newberry Crater, Paulina Lake is found in the Deschutes National Forest of the Oregon Cascades. Covering a surface of 1,531 acres, Paulina Lake reaches 250 feet with nearly seven miles worth of shoreline.
Set south of the Newberry National Volcanic Monument and just east of La Pine, Pauline Lake neighbors East Lake. Paulina Lake is known for great fishing, yielding kokanee salmon, brown trout, rainbow trout, tui chub, and blue chub.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.15 mile(s) from La Pine Medical Center
- 0.30 mile(s) from High Desert Family Clinic
- 3.00 mile(s) from Big Tree
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rosland Park
- 10.00 mile(s) from LaPine State Park
- 10.00 mile(s) from Paulina Lake
- 12.00 mile(s) from East Lake
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fall River Fish Hatchery
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fall River Falls
- 15.00 mile(s) from Pringle Falls
- 18.00 mile(s) from Newberry Crater National Monument, volcanic crater with two lakes
- 20.00 mile(s) from Cascade Mountains
- 20.00 mile(s) from Lava Lands Visitor Center, Bend
- 20.00 mile(s) from Benham Falls, Bend
- 20.00 mile(s) from Dillon Falls, Bend
- 22.00 mile(s) from North Twin Lake, no motor boats
- 23.00 mile(s) from South Twin Lake, paddle boats
- 25.00 mile(s) from High Desert Museum, Bend
- 25.00 mile(s) from Wickiup Reservoir, outstanding fishing lake
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lava River Caves
- 25.00 mile(s) from Little Cultus Lake
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lava Island Falls
- 28.00 mile(s) from Crane Prairie Reservoir, outstanding fishing lake
- 30.00 mile(s) from Lava and Little Lava Lakes
- 30.00 mile(s) from Elk Lake
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 30.00 mile(s) from Bend
- 50.00 mile(s) from Redmond
- 120 mile(s) from Klamath Falls
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.60 mile(s) from children's playground
- 2.00 mile(s) from snowmobiling areas
- 4.00 mile(s) from Deschutes River, premier fishing spot
- 5.00 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 7.00 mile(s) from Quail Run Golf Course and driving range
- 15.00 mile(s) from Mt. Bachelor Resort, canoeing, Alpine/downhill and cross-country skiing
- 15.00 mile(s) from ice skating
- 18.00 mile(s) from Crosswater Golf Course, Sunriver, a private course
- 20.00 mile(s) from Meadows Golf Course, Sunriver
- 20.00 mile(s) from Woddlands Golf Course, Sunriver
- 20.00 mile(s) from Mountain High Golf Course, Bend
- 25.00 mile(s) from Widgi Creek Golf Course, Bend, a semi-private course
- 30.00 mile(s) from Orion Greens Golf Course, Bend
- 30.00 mile(s) from Broken Top Club, Bend, a private club
- 30.00 mile(s) from Awbery Glen Golf Course, a semi-private course
- 30.00 mile(s) from Rivers' Edge Golf Course, Bend
- 41.00 mile(s) from Todd Lake Golf Courses
- 45.00 mile(s) from snow skiing
- 45.00 mile(s) from Eagle Crest Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Eagle Ridge Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Aspen Lakes Golf Course
- 45.00 mile(s) from Crooked River Ranch Golf Course, Redmond
- 50.00 mile(s) from Meadow Lakes Golf Course, Prineville
- Adjacent to Hunan', Chinese, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to A&W, Fast Food
- Across the street from Taco Bell, Fast Food
- 0.03 mile(s) from Cinco De Mayo Restaurant
- 0.05 mile(s) from Subway, Fast Food
- 0.05 mile(s) from Figaro's Pizza
- 0.25 mile(s) from Cindy's Kitchen
- 0.50 mile(s) from Harvest Hut, open daily
- 0.50 mile(s) from La Pine Inn, American, open daily from 6:00 a.m. to1:00 a.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Vick's Tavern, darts
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ponderosa Pizza Parlor
- 2.00 mile(s) from Dairy Queen
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mohawk Restaurant, Cresent
BEST WESTERN Newberry Station
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near La Pine. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Lane County Farmer's Market
Check out locally grown items, handcrafted goods and gifts, and don't forget to stop by the beer garden – all available ever Saturday this summer in downtown Eugene. The Saturday market is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4 Peaks Music Festival
National and regional touring bands come to Bend's Rockin' A Ranch near Redmond. The festival also includes workshops, kids area, and food & craft vendors.
2015 Music in the Garden
Take a self-guided tour of six different local gardens, viewing live music, plant and art sales, and enjoying plenty of refreshments along the way. The event is held at various locations throughout Eugene. It begins at 10 a.m.
2015 Berries, Brews, & BBQ
Join Salem community residents as they celebrate father's day with two weekends of handcrafted beverages, finger-licking BBQ, and freshly picked strawberries. The event will be hosted at French Prairie Gardens at 9 a.m.
13th Annual Sasquatch Brew Fest
Held annually in the "Fermentation District" in Eugene, this brew fest is set to showcase local food vendors, a slient auction, a homebrew contest, and plenty brews to go around. The festival begins at noon.
2015 Bohemia Mining Days
Relive the gold mining days of Cottage Grove with four days of activities, including live music, a parade, history exhibits, and a collection of vendors. The event be held throughout downtown Cottage Grove with hours TBA.
2015 Florence Independence Day Celebrations
Celebrate our nation's independence by exploring all that Old Town Florence has to offer – featuring live music, festive decorations, extended hours for shops and restaurants, and a dazzling fireworks show. This is an all-day event.
2015 Hood-to-Coast Marathon
Join Oregon residents as they run a relay race from Mt. Hood to Seaside. After party festivities include a beer and wine garden, live music, award ceremonies, and more. Event times vary by day and location.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean