BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
3933 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, OR 97116-2225
Phone: 503/992-8888 | Fax: 503/992-8444 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
A few miles from Portland, our Forest Grove hotel lets guests really get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of the Great Northwest. From Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course to Pacific University, there are many reasons guests stay at our Forest Grove hotel. The Cornelius region of Oregon is known for the great outdoors, and there are plenty of recreational opportunities nearby. Check out Tree to Tree Adventure Park for a fun-filled family vacation, or the world-renowned local golf course for a relaxing afternoon.
Wine tours at the local vineyards and wineries are another big attraction. Our location, close to Pacific University, makes our Forest Grove hotel a favorite for budget-minded students or faculty who want a great value and clean, comfortable accommodations. Many weddings and events also take place nearby, and we are happy to accommodate groups to make your special day run as smoothly as possible.
Hagg Lake is the perfect place for boating and fishing. The Warrior Dash, an epic race, also takes place near our Forest Grove hotel. The nearby town of Hillsboro offers all the charm of a smaller town. From Banks to Gaston, we’re the last hotel before hitting the coast. If you’d like to experience the Oregon coast, it’s just a couple of hours away, and well worth a day trip.
Local companies like Henningsen Cold Storage Company, the Oregon Department of Forestry, ODoF, Intel, and Via Systems often send employees to our Forest Grove hotel. Wilco, Bentley Cabinetry, and Par Lumber are also popular local businesses that bring in out of town employees. If you’re traveling for business, count on us to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. With an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna open 24-hours a day, the comfort of our guests is our main priority.
Book a generous, clean room at BEST WESTERN University Inn and Suites and let us handle the rest.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, potatoes, sausage gravy and biscuits,yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Indoor pool, 24 hours
- Steam room, 24 hours
- Hot tub, 24 hours
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry, 24 hours
- Free parking
- Business center
- Meeting faciliities, 45 person capacity meeting room. Only available after 12:00PM daily
- Fax services
- 24-hour front desk
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour
- Interior corridor
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, Mail gets picked up daily at 1:00 PM
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines on both floors
- Stationary bike
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television, Satellite
- Complimentary USA Today (M-F)
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove, Oregon is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.520665 / Latitude: -123.077564
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Portland Airport. Take I-205 South toward I-84 Portland/Salem. Merge onto I-84 West via Exit 21B toward Portland. Merge onto I-5 South via exit on the left toward Beaverton/Salem. Merge onto I-405 North via exit on the left toward City Center/US-26/Beaverton. Merge onto Highway 26 West via Exit 1D toward Beaverton. Take North Plains Exit 57, take a left off ramp, go up to second light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
From: Ocean Beach. Go onto Highway 26 East towards Portland, take North Plains Exit 57, take a right off the ramp, go up to first light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Formed after the construction of Scoggins Dam in 1975, Henry Hagg Lake is a reservoir found west of the Portland metro area. A part of the Scoggins Valley Park, the lake is a short drive from both downtown Portland and nearby Forest Grove.
Boaters will find two launching sites at Henry Hagg Lake, along with a number of different picnic areas, and over 13 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. The also features inflow from Scoggins Creek and outflow into the Tualatin River.
Found just west of the Portland Metro Area, L.L. Stub Stewart State Park is one of the premier parks in Oregon, and only minutes north from nearby Forest Grove. Named in honor of former Oregon state representative Loren LaSells "Stub" Stewart, this park is stretched across 1,654 acres within the northern Oregon coast range.
Stub Stewart State Park is open year round and features a wide range of activities. There's an 18-hole disk golf course, and the Discovery Depot, which yields insight into the flora and fauna of the area. Of course, don't miss abundant outdoor recreation, including biking and hiking along the 15 miles of trails.
Plan your next visit to the Portland Metro Area and take a quick side trip to see and explore Pacific University, seeing highlights like the Marsh Hall and the McGill Auditorium. Sports fans visiting Forest Grove will want to check out the Pacific University Boxers competing in sports like soccer, tennis, and baseball.
Plum Valley Vineyards
Featuring some of the best locally made wines near the Portland metro area, the Plum Hill Vineyards – less than 30 miles west of downtown Portland – is a must-see attraction for the self-proclaimed wine enthusiast.
Just short drive from nearby Forest Grove, the quaint, charming, and family owned Plum Hill Vineyards is a premier wine maker in the Willamette Valley.
In mid-May of each year, Plum Hill hosts their Mother's Day Luncheon, which includes four courses with wine pairings, but is very limited in space, so make the reservations soon.
Over Memorial Day weekend at Plum Hill, check out their Memorial Weekend in Wine Country at Plum Hill event.
When you travel through Oregon, be sure to visit the Portland metro area, and, more importantly, bring your clubs along for the ride. Book a tee time soon for the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, which is just northwest from downtown Portland, and a short drive from nearby Forest Grove.
You'll have two courses to choose from at Pumpkin Ridge when you visit. You can play the Ghost Creek Golf Course, which is a par-71, is 6,839 yards from the back tees, and is open to the public. You'll also find the Witch Hollow Golf Club. With a par of 72, and a course rating of 75.1, Witch Hollow yields 18 holes of challenging fun – it is, however, a private course.
Made famous by the television program "Little People, Big World," the Roloff Farm in Hillsboro is a family-owned and operated pumpkin farm. Although the show has been off the air since 2010, visitors of the Portland metro area continue to visit the farm for its host of family-friend attractions.
Found just off of U.S. Highway 26, and only minutes from nearby Forest Grove, the farm offers in-depth tours, as well as many different pumpkin-related products on-site. Don't miss the on-site petting zoo, obstacle course, wagon tours, pony rides, and so much more.
Zip Line at Adventure Park
Ideal for team building exercises, family outings, and birthday events, Tree To Tree Aerial Adventure Park is a premier attraction near the Portland metro area.
Visit the city of Gaston, a shirt drive south from Forest Grove, and check out this forested wonderland.
Tree To Tree features two main attractions – the Aerial Park, and Woody's Ziptastic Zip Lines. The Aerial Park features wobbly bridges, balance beams, and more than 60 extreme obstacles across six colored levels.
You can also try the guided Zip Line Tour, which features a 1,200-foot zip line and a 40-foot rappel.
Enjoy a taste of local art and culture on you next visit to Forest Grove, just west of the Portland Metro Area. You'll want to visit and explore the Valley Art Gallery, found along Main Street in downtown Forest Grove, just one block west of Pacific University.
Established in 1966, the Valley Art Gallery proudly houses more than 200 local and national artists' work. You'll find metal sculptures, paintings, glass art, wood carvings, and so much more at Valley Art Gallery. Visit the Valley Art Gallery in late September when they host the annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from David Hill Winery, tasting room open from 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday
- 3.00 mile(s) from Plum Hill Vineyards, Local winery with quaint atmosphere and gift shop. Open Mon-Sat 11-5pm and Sun Noon-5pm
- 4.50 mile(s) from Sake One, tasting room 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Montinore Vineyards, tasting room open from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, call in advance to arrange a tour of the magnificant facilities 503-359-5012
- 9.00 mile(s) from Elk Cove Vineyard, tasting room 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- 20.00 mile(s) from Oregon Zoo
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Convention Center
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Museum of Science
- 25.00 mile(s) from The Rose Garden/Coliseum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Streets of Tanasbourne, Outside mall Macy's, Victorias Secret, Gap, Ambercrombie and more
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tree to Tree Adventure, zip lines, obstacle courses
- 6.00 mile(s) from Henry Hagg Lake, come and enjoy the great outdoors fun for the entire family enjoy fishing, boating
- 9.00 mile(s) from Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Quail Valley Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Horning's Hideout, Fishing, hiking, home of the Warrior Dash
- 60.00 mile(s) from Pacific Ocean beaches
- 0.15 mile(s) from Cornerstone Pub & Grill, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2307 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-357-4742
- 0.20 mile(s) from McMennamins, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from McDonald's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3315 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4696
- 1.40 mile(s) from Maggie's Buns, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, 2007 21st Street, Forest Grove, 503-992-2231
- 1.40 mile(s) from Pizza Schmizza, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2642 Main Street, Forest Grove, 503-359-5320
- 1.90 mile(s) from Subway, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 4419 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4478
- 4.95 mile(s) from El Sol De Mexico Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 311 SW 17th Ave., Hillsboro, 503-640-5454
- 5.50 mile(s) from Dragon Fountain Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 897 SW Oak Street, Hillsboro, 503-292-2231
- 7.20 mile(s) from Kobe Japanese Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2020 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-640-5611
- 7.25 mile(s) from India Place, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road #R, Hillsboro, 503-844-6161
- 7.50 mile(s) from Sushi & Maki, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-648-4366
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Forest Grove. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 World Beat Festival
One of the region's largest mutli-culture events is hosted at Riverfront Park in Salem. There will be over 125 performers across nine stages for two straight days. Grab your festival passes today.
Lents Street Fair
Be sure to check out this year's Lents Street Fair near downtown Portland. On July 31st, enjoy an afternoon of food, beer, music, a beauty pageant, and the locally famous Belmont Goats. The Founder's Day Parade kicks off the event.
2016 Oregon Brewers Festival
Nearly 100 regionally brewed brews will be on display alongside pub food, live music, and more at Tom McCall Waterfront Park in Portland. Kids are welcome to enjoy the root beer garden. Start times vary, grab your passes today.
Make your way to Pioneer Courthouse Square for the this year's India Festival. Held on Sunday, August 14th, this festival celebrates the tastes, sounds, sights, and more from India.
Adult Soapbox Derby
Don't miss one of Portland's most exciting and fun events – the Adult Soapbox Derby. Head to Mt. Tabor City Park on August 20th and watch fully grown adults race downhill in their homemade, gravity-powered racers.
Oregon State Fair
Head into Salem and experience the annual Oregon State Fair. From August 26th through September 5th, you and the family can enjoy games, rides, live entertainment, and a wide range of food choices.
2016 Oregon Trail Game 5K
Re-live (or run) the classic 1990s computer game, Oregon Trail, as you make your way across Oregon City on this festive 5K. The run begins at 9 a.m. on Main Street and 8th.
2016 Feast Portland
Various venues throughout Portland showcase the city's best foods, wines, craft beers, and more. Check out the festival schedule and see one of the must-see events.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean