BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
3933 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, OR 97116-2225
Phone: 503/992-8888 | Fax: 503/992-8444 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
A few miles from Portland, our Forest Grove hotel lets guests really get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of the Great Northwest.
From Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course to Pacific University, there are many reasons guests stay at our Forest Grove hotel. The Cornelius region of Oregon is known for the great outdoors, and there are plenty of recreational opportunities nearby. Check out Tree to Tree Adventure Park for a fun-filled family vacation, or the world-renowned local golf course for a relaxing afternoon.
Wine tours at the local vineyards and wineries are another big attraction. Our location, close to Pacific University, makes our Forest Grove hotel a favorite for budget-minded students or faculty who want a great value and clean, comfortable accommodations. Many weddings and events also take place nearby, and we’re happy to accommodate groups to make your special day run as smoothly as possible.
Hagg Lake is the perfect place for boating and fishing. The Warrior Dash, an epic race, also takes place near our Forest Grove hotel. The nearby town of Hillsboro offers all the charm of a smaller town. From Banks to Gaston, we’re the last hotel before hitting the coast. If you’d like to experience the Oregon coast, it’s just a couple of hours away, and well worth a day trip.
Local companies like Henningsen Cold Storage Company, the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODoF), Intel, and Via Systems often send employees to our Forest Grove hotel. Wilco, Bentley Cabinetry, and Par Lumber are also popular local businesses that bring in out of town employees. If you’re traveling for business, count on us to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. With an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna open 24-hours a day, the comfort of our guests is our main priority.
Book a generous, clean room at BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites and let us handle the rest!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, potatoes, sausage gravy and biscuits,yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Indoor pool, 24 hours
- Steam room, 24 hours
- Hot tub, 24 hours
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry, 24 hours
- Free parking
- Business center
- Meeting faciliities, 45 person capacity meeting room. Only available after 12:00PM daily
- Fax services
- 24-hour front desk
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour
- Interior corridor
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, Mail gets picked up daily at 1:00 PM
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines on both floors
- Stationary bike
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television, Satellite
- Complimentary USA Today (M-F)
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove, Oregon is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.520155 / Latitude: -123.078515
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Portland Airport. Take I-205 South toward I-84 Portland/Salem. Merge onto I-84 West via Exit 21B toward Portland. Merge onto I-5 South via exit on the left toward Beaverton/Salem. Merge onto I-405 North via exit on the left toward City Center/US-26/Beaverton. Merge onto Highway 26 West via Exit 1D toward Beaverton. Take North Plains Exit 57, take a left off ramp, go up to second light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
From: Ocean Beach. Go onto Highway 26 East towards Portland, take North Plains Exit 57, take a right off the ramp, go up to first light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from David Hill Winery, tasting room open from 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday
- 3.00 mile(s) from Plum Hill Vineyards, Local winery with quaint atmosphere and gift shop. Open Mon-Sat 11-5pm and Sun Noon-5pm
- 4.50 mile(s) from Sake One, tasting room 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Montinore Vineyards, tasting room open from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, call in advance to arrange a tour of the magnificant facilities 503-359-5012
- 9.00 mile(s) from Elk Cove Vineyard, tasting room 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- 20.00 mile(s) from Oregon Zoo
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Convention Center
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Museum of Science
- 25.00 mile(s) from The Rose Garden/Coliseum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Streets of Tanasbourne, Outside mall Macy's, Victorias Secret, Gap, Ambercrombie and more
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hillsboro
- 10.00 mile(s) from Beaverton
- 25.00 mile(s) from Tigard
- 30.00 mile(s) from Portland
- 30.00 mile(s) from McMinnville
- 50.00 mile(s) from Salem
- 1.00 mile(s) from J. Leib Foods
- 1.00 mile(s) from Henningsen Cold Storage, one of the leading cold storage companies in the Northwest
- 1.25 mile(s) from Via Systems, circuit boards, named Oregon Manufacturer of the year in 2000 by Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum
- 1.50 mile(s) from SakeOne-Sake Brewery, only American-owned sake brewery in the U.S.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Northwest Alpaca Ranch, see adult and young wooly Andean animals along a scenic drive
- 8.00 mile(s) from Intel Corporation, leading company in development and manufacturing of computer chips
- 8.00 mile(s) from Tuality Hospital, Hillsboro Full Hospital Facility
- 1.30 mile(s) from Pacific University, Forest Grove Campus
- 5.00 mile(s) from Pacific University, Hillsboro Campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tree to Tree Adventure, zip lines, obstacle courses
- 6.00 mile(s) from Henry Hagg Lake, come and enjoy the great outdoors fun for the entire family enjoy fishing, boating
- 9.00 mile(s) from Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Quail Valley Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Horning's Hideout, Fishing, hiking, home of the Warrior Dash
- 60.00 mile(s) from Pacific Ocean beaches
- 0.15 mile(s) from Cornerstone Pub & Grill, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2307 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-357-4742
- 0.20 mile(s) from McMennamins, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from McDonald's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3315 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4696
- 1.40 mile(s) from Maggie's Buns, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, 2007 21st Street, Forest Grove, 503-992-2231
- 1.40 mile(s) from Pizza Schmizza, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2642 Main Street, Forest Grove, 503-359-5320
- 1.90 mile(s) from Subway, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 4419 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4478
- 4.95 mile(s) from El Sol De Mexico Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 311 SW 17th Ave., Hillsboro, 503-640-5454
- 5.50 mile(s) from Dragon Fountain Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 897 SW Oak Street, Hillsboro, 503-292-2231
- 7.20 mile(s) from Kobe Japanese Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2020 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-640-5611
- 7.25 mile(s) from India Place, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road #R, Hillsboro, 503-844-6161
- 7.50 mile(s) from Sushi & Maki, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-648-4366
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest local area events happening in or near Forest Grove. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Friday Night Fights
Improv comedy teams battle it out for more stage time at the Curious Comedy Theater in Portland. Shows start at 10 P.M.
St. Patrick's Day Celebration
St. Patrick's Day is a favorite of the McMenamins Grand Lodge and they will be celebrating with gusto! They will have live music, Irish coffee, and their own McMenamins Irish Stout. The music starts at 4 p.m.
68th Annual All Northwest Barbershop Ballad Contest
See the top 20 Barbershop Men's and Women's quartets compete to be the champions. Eliminations begin at 7 p.m. at the Forest Grove High School.
Cultural Series: Music from Pacific University
Join the Friends of the Forest Grove Library for this free concert performed by music students from Pacific University. The show begins at 7 p.m. in the Rogers Room of the Forest Grove City Library.
Pacific University Jazz Nite
Join the Pacific University's music department as the Jazz choir and Jazz band perform throughout the night. The music begins at 7:30 p.m.
54th Annual Hawaiian Luau
Join the Pacific University 'Ohana as they celebrate their unique culture with food, dance, and merriment. Dinner starts at 4:30 p.m. in the University Center and the show begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Stoller Center at Pacific University.
North Willamette Vinters Wine Trail Weekend
Spend a weekend roaming through 22 different wineries of the Oregon wine country while enjoying wine tastings of new releases, reserve label, or barrel tastings as well as handcrafted foods. It all starts at 11 a.m.
Crawfish Boil Diner and New Release Day
Visit the Montinore Estate for this all-you-can-eat crawfish and wine paring. The good food is first served at noon.
Spring Pilharmonic anf Chamber Ensembles
Be filled with beautiful music and harmony as you listen to the Pacific University Philharmonic and Chamber Ensembles. The show begins in McCready Hall on the Pacific University campus at 6 p.m.
Memorial Weekend in Wine Country at Plum Hill
Visit Plum Hill Vineyards to enjoy live music and the tasting of 6 different wines expertly paired with cheeses and breads. From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Annual Sake and Oyster Fest
Head on down to SakeOne in Forest Grove at 11 a.m. to enjoy freshly shucked Northwest Oysters, three varieties of mollusks, and different sakes that are a perfect complement for each of the sauces.
Medieval Faire in the Grove
Travel back in time as you step on to the front lawn of the McMenamins Grand Lodge and see heavy armored combat taking place along with story telling and textile demos. The fun is free and open to the public. The Medieval times begin at 10 a.m.
10k ORCC Hagg Lake Run/Walk
Come on down to Hagg Lake, just south of Forest Grove, for this 10.5-mile course run/walk put on by the Oregon Road Runners Club. The walk begins at 8 a.m. and the run begins at 9 a.m.
58th Anua Rotary Steak Feed Dinner
Join the Rotary Club at the University Center at Pacific University for their annual steak dinner. Dinner is served at 5 p.m.
Memorial Weekend at Montinore Estate
Celebrate Memorial day weekend by enjoying a new release wine and perfect pairings. It starts at 11 a.m. at the Montinore Estate.
Annual Spring Garden Tour
The Friends of Historic Forest Grove host their 18th annual Spring Garden Tour through some of the most beautiful gardens of the area. The tour begins at the Old Train Station at noon.
Pig Roast and Pinot
Come on out to enjoy a delicious pig roast paired with great wine at Plum Hill Vineyards. The wine starts flowing at 1 p.m.
Independence Day Wine and Watermelon
Celebrate your independence with Plum Hill Vineyards and enjoy free watermelon and wine tastings. The vineyard opens at 11 a.m.
42nd Annual Concours d'Elegance Antique and Collector Auto Show
Come on down to the campus of Pacific University walk among 300 beautiful antique, classic, and even some modified cars from many different eras of history. Along with the beautiful cars there will be music, wine, and fine food. Cars roll in, open their doors, and pop their hoods at 8:30 a.m.
32nd Annual Olympic and Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon
Join the Northwest's original Olympic distance triathlon with 1.5k swim, 40k bike, and 10k run. Afterwards enjoy live music, the Sports and Fitness Expo, and food. It begins at Henry Hagg Lake Park at 8 a.m.
Get your "License to Taste" passport and visit a variety of different wineries, such as the Plum Hill Vineyard, to enjoy wine tastings and the special dog friendly activities at each location. The fun begins at 11 a.m.
5th Annual Pacific Rim Festival
Experience the culture of the Pacific Rim in this festival at SakeOne with music, food, performances, and sake. There are also events for the kiddos to enjoy. It all starts at 11 a.m.
Paws in the Grove Doggie Dash
Come on down to Lincoln Park in Forest Grove for this 1 or 2 mile doggie dash that is fun for the entire family. It all starts at 9:30 a.m.
Forest Grove Uncorked: A Wine, Microbrew, and Food Experience
It's okay to dance in the street during this event. Wander down Main Street Forest Grove and experience the end products of the many wineries, microbreweries, and restaurants in the area. The festivities begin at 4 p.m.
Brats and Brewfest This 21 and over event is a chance for home brewers to gather and show off their work, and for you to enjoy it. Head on down to the Forest Grove Community Center at 11 a.m.
Lions Club Run/Walk for Sight 5k/2.5k
An event for everyone starting outside the Pacific University's College of Optometry. Join in on the 10k or 5k race or let your toddler participate in the Tot Trot. Walkers start at 9 a.m. and runners start at 9:15 a.m.
Annual Corn Roast- Celebrating Forest Grove Celebrate Forest Grove with live music, fun activities, and corn! It all happens on the Pacific University campus starting at 1 p.m.
Another amazing event put on by McMenamins Grand Lodge with great music, food, and drinks. Live music starts at 1 p.m.
Sidewalk Chalk Art Fest.
Show off your sidewalk chalk art skills in Downtown Forest Grove. The art begins at 8 a.m.
Adult Halloween Dance and Costume Contest
Ghouls and goblins welcome at this 21 and over event hosted at McMenamins Grand Lodge. Ghoulish delights begin at 7 p.m.
Trick or Treating at the Grand Lodge
Mummies, Werewolves, Vampires, and Witches are all welcome for trick-or-treating at the McMenamins Grand Lodge on Halloween. It all starts at 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Tree Lighting, Caroling and Santa
Head to the Forest Grove Chamber of Commerce for the Tree lighting ceremony, caroling, and holiday festivities. It all starts at 6 p.m.
Holiday Light Parade
Downtown Forest Grove will be filled with twinkling lights this night as floats lit up with Christmas lights travel through town. The fun starts at 5 p.m.
New Year's Eve Bash
Dance yourself into the New Year at McMenamins Grand Lodge. Enjoy good music, good food, and good spirits. The music starts at 8 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean