BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
3933 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, OR 97116-2225
Phone: 503/992-8888 | Fax: 503/992-8444 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
A few miles from Portland, our Forest Grove hotel lets guests really get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of the Great Northwest.
From Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course to Pacific University, there are many reasons guests stay at our Forest Grove hotel. The Cornelius region of Oregon is known for the great outdoors, and there are plenty of recreational opportunities nearby. Check out Tree to Tree Adventure Park for a fun-filled family vacation, or the world-renowned local golf course for a relaxing afternoon.
Wine tours at the local vineyards and wineries are another big attraction. Our location, close to Pacific University, makes our Forest Grove hotel a favorite for budget-minded students or faculty who want a great value and clean, comfortable accommodations. Many weddings and events also take place nearby, and we¿re happy to accommodate groups to make your special day run as smoothly as possible.
Hagg Lake is the perfect place for boating and fishing. The Warrior Dash, an epic race, also takes place near our Forest Grove hotel. The nearby town of Hillsboro offers all the charm of a smaller town. From Banks to Gaston, we¿re the last hotel before hitting the coast. If you¿d like to experience the Oregon coast, it¿s just a couple of hours away, and well worth a day trip.
Local companies like Henningsen Cold Storage Company, the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODoF), Intel, and Via Systems often send employees to our Forest Grove hotel. Wilco, Bentley Cabinetry, and Par Lumber are also popular local businesses that bring in out of town employees. If you¿re traveling for business, count on us to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. With an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna open 24-hours a day, the comfort of our guests is our main priority.
Book a generous, clean room at BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites and let us handle the rest! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, potatoes, sausage gravy and biscuits,yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Indoor pool, 24 hours
- Steam room, 24 hours
- Hot tub, 24 hours
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry, 24 hours
- Free parking
- Business center
- Meeting faciliities, 45 person capacity meeting room. Only available after 12:00PM daily
- Fax services
- 24-hour front desk
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour
- Interior corridor
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, Mail gets picked up daily at 1:00 PM
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines on both floors
- Stationary bike
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television, Satellite
- Complimentary USA Today (M-F)
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western university inn & suites in Forest Grove, Oregon is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.520665 / Latitude: -123.077564
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Portland Airport. Take I-205 South toward I-84 Portland/Salem. Merge onto I-84 West via Exit 21B toward Portland. Merge onto I-5 South via exit on the left toward Beaverton/Salem. Merge onto I-405 North via exit on the left toward City Center/US-26/Beaverton. Merge onto Highway 26 West via Exit 1D toward Beaverton. Take North Plains Exit 57, take a left off ramp, go up to second light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
From: Ocean Beach. Go onto Highway 26 East towards Portland, take North Plains Exit 57, take a right off the ramp, go up to first light which is Zion Church Road and take a right. At the first roundabout take the first exit to Verboort Road. At the second roundabout take the third exit onto Martin Road. At the stop sign take a left onto Highway 47. At the first light take a left onto Pacific Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites will be on your left hand side a few blocks down.
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The next time you visit Oregon, be sure to plan for an outdoor adventure at Henry Hagg Lake. Head for the Portland Metro Area and visit Gaston, a short drive from both downtown Portland and nearby Forest Grove. Henry Hagg Lake is part of the Scoggins Valley Park, in so far as they border each other.
You'll find two boat launching sites at Hagg Lake, along with a number of different picnic areas, and over 13 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. Hagg Lake was created in 1975 after the damming of Scoggins Creek. Enjoy your day at the lake when you visit Henry Hagg Lake.
Plan for an exceptional outdoor experience in Oregon when you visit L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Found just west of the Portland Metro Area, and only minutes north from nearby Forest Grove, Stub Stewart State Park is one of the premier parks in Oregon.
Named in honor of former Oregon state representative Loren LaSells "Stub" Stewart, this park is stretched across 1,654 acres within the Northern Oregon Coast Range. Stub Stewart State Park is open year round and features a wide range of activities. There's an 18-hole disk golf course, and the Discovery Depot, which yields insight into the flora and fauna of the area.
Less than 30 miles west of Portland is the city of Forest Grove, home to Pacific University. Plan your next visit to the Portland Metro Area and take a quick side trip to see and explore Pacific University. Established in 1849, Pacific University is a private school with a United Church of Christ affiliation.
Pacific University features satellite campuses in Woodburn, Hillsboro, and Eugene. As you explore the campus at Pacific University, see highlights like the Marsh Hall, and the McGill Auditorium. Sports fans visiting Forest Grove will want to check out the Pacific University Boxers compete in sports like soccer, tennis, and baseball.
Enjoy a taste of locally made wines on your next visit to the Portland Metro Area. Any visit to Oregon should yield a visit to the Plum Hill Vineyards – less than 30 miles west of downtown Portland, and a short drive from nearby Forest Grove. Quaint, charming, and family owned, the Plum Hill Vineyards are a premier wine maker in the Willamette Valley.
In mid-May of each year, Plum Hill hosts their Mother's Day Luncheon. The luncheon includes four courses with wine pairings, but is very limited in space, so make the reservations soon. Over Memorial Day weekend at Plum Hill, check out their Memorial Weekend in Wine Country at Plum Hill event.
When you travel through Oregon, be sure to visit the Portland Metro Area, and, more importantly, bring your clubs along for the ride. Book a tee time soon for the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, which is just northwest from downtown Portland, and a short drive from nearby Forest Grove. It has hosted the U.S. Women's Open in 1997 and 2003.
You'll have two courses to choose from at Pumpkin Ridge when you visit. You can play the Ghost Creek Golf Course, which is a par-71, is 6,839 yards from the back tees, and is open to the public. You'll also find the Witch Hollow Golf Club. With a par of 72, and a course rating of 75.1, Witch Hollow yields 18 holes of challenging fun – it is, however, a private course.
If you're a fan of the hit TLC program "Little People, Big World," then make sure you visit Helvetia on your next trip to Oregon. Make your way northwest from the Portland Metro Area, and you'll find the Roloff Family Farm just off of U.S. Highway 26, and only minutes from nearby Forest Grove.
The Roloff Family own and operate this festive and fun pumpkin farm. When you visit, you'll have a chance to take some tours, see how the farm is run up close, and they also sell many different pumpkin-related products on-site. The Roloff Farm also features a petting zoo, an obstacle course, wagon tours, pony rides, and so much more.
Ideal for team building exercises, family outings, and birthday events, Tree To Tree Aerial Adventure Park is a premier attraction in the Portland Metro Area. Visit the city of Gaston, a shirt drive south from Forest Grove, and check out this forested wonderland.
Tree To Tree features to main attractions – the Aerial Park, and Woody's Ziptastic Zip Lines. The Aerial Park features wobbly bridges, balance beams, and more than 60 extreme obstacles across six colored levels. Aerial Park adventurers are tethered to overhead cables, so there's no risk of falling. You can also try the guided Zip Line Tour, which features a 1,200 foot zip line and a 40-foot rappel.
Enjoy a taste of local art and culture on you next visit to Forest Grove, just west of the Portland Metro Area. You'll want to visit and explore the Valley Art Gallery, found along Main Street in downtown Forest Grove, just one block west of Pacific University.
Established in 1966, the Valley Art Gallery proudly houses more than 200 local – and some national – artists and their work. You'll find metal sculptures, paintings, glass art, wood carvings, and so much more at Valley Art Gallery. Visit the Valley Art Gallery in late September when they host the annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from David Hill Winery, tasting room open from 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday
- 3.00 mile(s) from Plum Hill Vineyards, Local winery with quaint atmosphere and gift shop. Open Mon-Sat 11-5pm and Sun Noon-5pm
- 4.50 mile(s) from Sake One, tasting room 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Montinore Vineyards, tasting room open from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, call in advance to arrange a tour of the magnificant facilities 503-359-5012
- 9.00 mile(s) from Elk Cove Vineyard, tasting room 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- 20.00 mile(s) from Oregon Zoo
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Convention Center
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oregon Museum of Science
- 25.00 mile(s) from The Rose Garden/Coliseum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Streets of Tanasbourne, Outside mall Macy's, Victorias Secret, Gap, Ambercrombie and more
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hillsboro
- 10.00 mile(s) from Beaverton
- 25.00 mile(s) from Tigard
- 30.00 mile(s) from Portland
- 30.00 mile(s) from McMinnville
- 50.00 mile(s) from Salem
- 1.00 mile(s) from J. Leib Foods
- 1.00 mile(s) from Henningsen Cold Storage, one of the leading cold storage companies in the Northwest
- 1.25 mile(s) from Via Systems, circuit boards, named Oregon Manufacturer of the year in 2000 by Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum
- 1.50 mile(s) from SakeOne-Sake Brewery, only American-owned sake brewery in the U.S.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Northwest Alpaca Ranch, see adult and young wooly Andean animals along a scenic drive
- 8.00 mile(s) from Intel Corporation, leading company in development and manufacturing of computer chips
- 8.00 mile(s) from Tuality Hospital, Hillsboro Full Hospital Facility
- 1.30 mile(s) from Pacific University, Forest Grove Campus
- 5.00 mile(s) from Pacific University, Hillsboro Campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tree to Tree Adventure, zip lines, obstacle courses
- 6.00 mile(s) from Henry Hagg Lake, come and enjoy the great outdoors fun for the entire family enjoy fishing, boating
- 9.00 mile(s) from Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Quail Valley Golf Course
- 10.00 mile(s) from Horning's Hideout, Fishing, hiking, home of the Warrior Dash
- 60.00 mile(s) from Pacific Ocean beaches
- 0.15 mile(s) from Cornerstone Pub & Grill, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2307 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-357-4742
- 0.20 mile(s) from McMennamins, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from McDonald's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3315 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4696
- 1.40 mile(s) from Maggie's Buns, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, 2007 21st Street, Forest Grove, 503-992-2231
- 1.40 mile(s) from Pizza Schmizza, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2642 Main Street, Forest Grove, 503-359-5320
- 1.90 mile(s) from Subway, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 4419 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, 503-359-4478
- 4.95 mile(s) from El Sol De Mexico Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 311 SW 17th Ave., Hillsboro, 503-640-5454
- 5.50 mile(s) from Dragon Fountain Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 897 SW Oak Street, Hillsboro, 503-292-2231
- 7.20 mile(s) from Kobe Japanese Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2020 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-640-5611
- 7.25 mile(s) from India Place, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road #R, Hillsboro, 503-844-6161
- 7.50 mile(s) from Sushi & Maki, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2401 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, 503-648-4366
BEST WESTERN University Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Forest Grove. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Festival of Flowers
Downtown Portland comes into blossom as Pioneer Courthouse Square creates designs from 20,000 flowers.
CityFair & Fireworks
Portland's Tom McCall Waterfront Park gives hosts to carnival rides, food fairs, beer, and exhibits.
2015 Oregon State Cornhole Championships
Competitve cornhole – yes – over 50 participants compete for cash prizes at Oregon State University in Forest Grove. Games generally begin at 9 a.m.
Festival of Balloons
The Festival of Balloons in Tigard colors the skies with dozens of simultaneous launching hot-air balloons.
World Beat Festival
Oregon's largest multicultural festival kicks off in Salem.
42nd Annual Concours d'Elegance
Come on down to the campus of Pacific University walk among 300 beautiful antique, classic, and even some modified cars from many different eras of history. Along with the beautiful cars there will be music, wine, and fine food. Cars roll in, open their doors, and pop their hoods at 8:30 a.m.
Oregon International Airshow
The Hilsboro Airport near Forest Grove hosts one of Oregon's biggest airshows. See aerial stunts, enjoy food on the ground, and more.
Robin Hood Festival
Sherwood near Tigard hosts this medieval reenactment of the famous tale, alongside numerous festival activities.
Scottish Highland Games
Hear Scottish pipes and drums at the Portland Highland Games near Troutdale.
2015 Hagg Lake Triathalon
Forest Grove residents compete in this annual event, featuring an olymic triathalon course with post-race activities available afterward. Race time is set for 7 a.m.
2015 Cruis'n the Grove
Car buffs won't want to miss this annual Forest Grove event, featuring over 250 classic and specialy cars on display in a block party setting. The event is hosted at the Forest Grove Senior Center.
2015 Hood-to-Coast Marathon
Join Oregon residents as they run a relay race from Mt. Hood to Seaside. After party festivities include a beer and wine garden, live music, award ceremonies, and more. Event times vary by day and location.
2015 Brats'n Homebrew Festival
Enjoy great food, craft brews, and live music at Forest Grove Senior Community Center. Event begins at 12 p.m.
2015 Oktoberfest at the Grand Lodge
Celebrate all things delicious and decadent in Forest Grove during this year's Oktober Fest celebration, featuring food, drink specials, and tons of live music. The festival begins at 1 p.m.
80th Annual Verboort Sausage Dinner
Enjoy a true Forest Grove tradition with a delicious sausage and sauerkraut meal at the Visitation Church. The event start time is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean